what is network discipleship?
Network discipleship is doing life with people you interact with regularly. It’s based on Acts 17:26-27
“From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.”
Network Discipleship is the idea that God places 8-15 people in our lives who we interact with regularly so that they would seek Him, reach out for Him, and find Him. They are our next-door neighbors, barista, mechanic, dentist, hairdresser, and the cashier at Safeway.
Each year our leaders invite 5 to 9 people from their natural networks to attend the Annual Breakfast. Guests are often encouraged and inspired. Spiritual conversations abound at the Annual Breakfast.
As we help catalyze these discussions, it’s our desire that people continue these spiritual conversations long after they leave the AB, hopefully leading some to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. This year we want to help leaders stay connected with their friends. Enter Network Discipleship. It’s a 12-month journey where leaders walk alongside their guests.
To help leaders disciple their friends in their personal networks (ex: friends, co-workers, and neighbors), we put together a training program/experience that is both personal and practical. This initiative is limited to 10 leaders by invitation only. It includes:
- 20-minute INTERVIEW with Dave Chae
- One 45-minute GROUP EXECUTIVE/PASTORAL COACHING with a CEO/Business Executive or Lead Pastor/per month (1st Wednesday of the month, 7:30-9:00 PM PST)
- One 60-minute GATHERING with 1-3 of your friends, co-workers, neighbor/per month – flexibile launch date of January 2021
- One 45-minute PERSONAL DISCIPLESHIP with Dave Chae or a CSV leader; flexible schedule as we progress throughout the year.
- Benefits of Silver Partner Track: Partner at CSV, Executive Coaching, Discipleship Training, free registration to Annual Breakfast, Engage, Equip, Priority Living, and Tech Talk.
- Suggested donation: TBA in a discussion with the candidate
- Resources: Host portal resources plus, Tom Mercer, 8-15: The World is Smaller than You Think, 9 Arts of Spiritual Conversation, God Space by Doug Polluck, Building Discipleship Culture by Mike Breen
NOTE: Participants are personally selected and program curated. Kept private from the public.
speaker line up and calendar
- Wednesday, February 3rd, 2021: (CEO/Business Executive – Mark Whitacre)
- Tuesday, February 16th, 2021: (CEO/Business Executive – Pat Gelsinger, VM Ware)
- Wednesday, March 3rd 2021 (Lead Pastor – Mark Mitchell, CPC)
- Wednesday, April 7th, 2021 (CEO/Business Executive – Sue Warnke, Sales Force)
- Wednesday, May 5th 2021 (Lead Pastor – Gary Gaddini, PCC)
- Wednesday, June 2nd, 2021 (CEO/Business Executive – Diane Flynn, Reboot)
- Thursday, July 8th, 2021 (Lead Pastor – Hurmon Hamilton, New Beginnings)
- Wednesday, August 4th, 2021 (CEO/Business Executive – Nancy Ortberg)
- Wednesday, September 8th, 2021 (CEO/Business Executive – Skip Vaccarello)
- Wednesday, October 6th, 2021 (EVP Business Executive – Kirk Perry, Google; Kirk’s Story)
christian ceo/business topics
- Profit vs. Purpose
- How do you engage stakeholders to gain their buy-in for projects?
- How do you adapt to changing times?
- Do you see your work as a full-time ministry o “just work” that earns your wages?
Do you have a life verse and why?
When did you experience the greatest growth in your life?
What would you tell your 16-year-old self
How have your priorities changed over the years?
What deep sense of purpose drives you?
How do you deal with conflict?
How do you deal with company failure?
How do you keep your relationships healthy when they are transactional in nature?
What are your boundaries and why do you need them?
What healthy rhythms do you practice and why?
What triggers you and what you do to address your issues?
How do you keep your magnetic north at Christ?
Where are you the gatekeeper and what do you delegate?
Where have you had to develop thick skin?
Which books & authors inspire you?
How do you drive value for your team, customers, and shareholders?
lead pastor topics
- How do you keep God first in your life?
- What’s your definition of success and how do you maintain it?
- Where do you see the church going in the next 3 years?
- What are you pivoting?
- How do you balance ministry & family?
- What have you learned from your failure?
- What have you learned from your successes?
- Who holds you accountable and how?
- How do you do friendships outside of ministry?
- What are the keys to a great marriage?
- How do you minister to your children as you minister to your flock?
- How do you view evangelism/outreach in the marketplace? How do you do it?
- What have been your greatest challenges in the past 5 years?
- How important is reading to you? What books inspire you?
- Jesus discipled his TWELVE in 3 environments: Classroom,
Apprenticeship/Modeling, and Immersion. Where are you strong and where are you still growing?
- What’s the best way to disciple someone
- What are your top 3 life lessons?
- What would you never do again?
- What would you do again?
- How do you promote diversity?
- Where do local and overseas missions fit into your ministry?