Join Us Online
Join us on April 29, 2021 8:00-9:00 AM PST
Speaker: Allen McClinton
Shaped Out of Brokenness
Allen McClinton is an ex-Marine working today as Program Manager for Tesla here in the Silicon Valley. He is an experienced sales/business development leader, driver of strategic partnerships, and an early-stage startup investor. He is also currently starting a charter school for inner-city children in San Jose called Legacy Academy.
Raised as a preacher’s kid in the midst of a rampant drug community in South Beach, Florida, Allen suffered through his own brokenness as he worked his way to the Silicon Valley and now settling into a challenging life that balances work, family, and a prioritized Christian faith. He has a BS degree from Georgia Tech, a masters from the University of Texas, and an MBA from Wharton School. Allen is married with 3 young children.
In his interview with Michael Griego, Allen will share his personal journey about the intersection of faith and the marketplace.
Engage Virtual Hosts & Moderators:
CEO & Founder, MXL Partners, Biblical Viewpoint Blog
Michael Griego is the President/Founder of MXL Partners, mxlpartners.com, a Silicon Valley based sales training and consulting firm working with high-growth companies of all sizes. MXL coaches and trains in sales process and messaging execution, sales playbook development and sales management. He is an author, speaker, world-class sales trainer and sales management coach and consultant. Michael also writes a weekly Christian blog called BiblicalViewpoint.com.
CEO, Alturas Technology Services
Ana is the Founder/CEO of a Alturas Technology Services, a Silicon Valley recruiting company helping start-ups and larger enterprise seeking software engineering, data science, and information security top talent. She has persevered through many adversities and took her career from receptionist, to top producer and leader, to now owning a business of her own.
As a member of Connect Silicon Valley, Ana and Mike will co-host this engaging conversation with Allen.
Engage morning gatherings feature marketplace speakers sharing their authentic faith journey while working in Silicon Valley.
These quarterly breakfast networking events are open to all and intended to showcase inspiring talks and discussions about faith. We hope these gatherings spark new conversations and connections about the integration of faith and life.
If you have or know someone who has a powerful life transforming testimony about faith and life, please let us know. Submit your suggestions in our Contact form.
CEO, Alturas TechNOLOGIES SERVICES
Dr. Tom Bradicich
VP, Hewlett Packard, Global Head of Edge & IoT CoE & Labs
Pedro David Espinoza
Entrepreneur, Angel Investor, Ted Talk Speaker & Author
President, Silicon Valley Humane Society & Founder, Mutual Rescue
Founder & Partner, Riverwood Capital
Olatunde “Tunde” Sobomehin
Co-CEO & Lead Servant, StreetCode Academy
Senior Vice President, CBRE
Director of Infrastructure Documentation, Salesforce
Senior Finance Manager, PayPal
Portfolio Manager, 500 Startups, Inc.
Medical Device Engineer & Entrepreneur
- November 9, 2016 — Andrew Laffoon, Co-Founder & CEO of Mixbook
- September 21, 2016 — Robert Valiton, Officer at Atmel Corporation
- May 18, 2016 — Ellen Luttrell, Global Marketing Executive
- February 17, 2016 — Larry Grotte, Co-Founder/President of Rident Park, Inc.
- September 30, 2015 — Ken Churchill, Senior Vice President, Morgan Stanley
- April 15, 2015 — Bobby Evans, VP Assistant GM, SF Giants
- January 21, 2015 — Ryon Paton, Trinitas Partners
- November 5, 2014 — Isaac Sundarajan, Strategy & M&A Executive
- September 17, 2014 — Michael Chang, Entrepreneur (former SVP, HP Autonomy)
- May 7, 2014 — Jerry Shen, Silicon Valley software developer and entrepreneur
- January 22, 2014 — Dave Evans, Co-Founder, Electronics Arts
- November 14, 2013 — Brent Dusing, Founder, Chairman, and CEO, Lightside
- September 18, 2013 — Dr. John Dearborn, Co-founder, Dearborn-Sah Institute for Joint Restoration
- May 1, 2013 — Kevin Compton, Venture Capitalist, Radar Partners and Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers
- January 30, 2013 — Sanjay Poonen, President and Corporate Officer, Technology Solutions and the Mobile Division at SAP
- September, 2012 — Kirk Hoiberg, Principal, Trinitas Partners
- May 24, 2012 — Michael Yang, Founder, Become, Inc., and Founder/CEO, mySimon.com
- January, 2012 — Milo Medin, Vice President of Access Services, Google; and Founder, @Home Network