Engage morning gatherings feature marketplace speakers sharing their authentic faith journey while working in Silicon Valley.
These quarterly breakfast networking events are open to all and intended to showcase inspiring talks and discussions about faith. We hope these gatherings spark new conversations and connections about the integration of faith and life.
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
7:00 am to 9:00 am
Palo Alto Elks Club, Palo Alto
Cost: $20 – $25, includes continental breakfast
Entrepreneur. Angel Investor. TED Speaker. Author.
Pedro will share his entrepreneur’s journey and how his faith makes a difference in the global marketplace.
About PEDRO ESPINOSA
At the age of 19, Pedro became the founder & CEO of SmileyGo, a platform that helps companies give smarter. The Voice of America claimed Pedro as The Robin Hood of Technology. In 2018, Pedro became the CEO of Alpaca Pan Peru, a social venture that empowers women to become entrepreneurs in Peru.
At the age of 24, Pedro co-wrote a book Differences That Make a Difference: How Organizations Succeed by Focusing on Innovation through Inclusion with Jorge Titinger, including contributions from Eric Schmidt, Reed Hastings, and Pat Gelsinger among others. He’s been a keynote speaker for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the World Intellectual Property Organization, and others. Pedro has been profiled in Univision, Telemundo, Hispanic Shark Tank, Fox News, and Forbes. He has a degree from UC Berkeley.Buy Engage Tickets Today!
2020 Event Dates
Engage Breakfast Dates
January 29, 2020 & May 13, 2020
Palo Alto Elks Club, Palo Alto
Cost: $25, includes continental breakfast
To Be Announced Soon!
President, Silicon Valley Humane Society & Founder, Mutual Rescue
Founder & Partner, Riverwood Capital
Olatunde “Tunde” Sobomehin
Co-CEO & Lead Servant, StreetCode Academy
Senior Vice President, CBRE
Director of Infrastructure Documentation, Salesforce
Senior Finance Manager, PayPal
Portfolio Manager, 500 Startups, Inc.
Medical Device Engineer & Entrepreneur
- November 9, 2016 — Andrew Laffoon, Co-Founder & CEO of Mixbook
- September 21, 2016 — Robert Valiton, Officer at Atmel Corporation
- May 18, 2016 — Ellen Luttrell, Global Marketing Executive
- February 17, 2016 — Larry Grotte, Co-Founder/President of Rident Park, Inc.
- September 30, 2015 — Ken Churchill, Senior Vice President, Morgan Stanley
- April 15, 2015 — Bobby Evans, VP Assistant GM, SF Giants
- January 21, 2015 — Ryon Paton, Trinitas Partners
- November 5, 2014 — Isaac Sundarajan, Strategy & M&A Executive
- September 17, 2014 — Michael Chang, Entrepreneur (former SVP, HP Autonomy)
- May 7, 2014 — Jerry Shen, Silicon Valley software developer and entrepreneur
- January 22, 2014 — Dave Evans, Co-Founder, Electronics Arts
- November 14, 2013 — Brent Dusing, Founder, Chairman, and CEO, Lightside
- September 18, 2013 — Dr. John Dearborn, Co-founder, Dearborn-Sah Institute for Joint Restoration
- May 1, 2013 — Kevin Compton, Venture Capitalist, Radar Partners and Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers
- January 30, 2013 — Sanjay Poonen, President and Corporate Officer, Technology Solutions and the Mobile Division at SAP
- September, 2012 — Kirk Hoiberg, Principal, Trinitas Partners
- May 24, 2012 — Michael Yang, Founder, Become, Inc., and Founder/CEO, mySimon.com
- January, 2012 — Milo Medin, Vice President of Access Services, Google; and Founder, @Home Network